Sunday, May 30, 2010

My First Blog Sunday 30 May 2010

Kiaora!

Always one to try something new! Today a friend told me about Wolfram Alpha! If you haven't heard of it have a look at the introduction.

http://www.wolframalpha.com/screencast/introducingwolframalpha.html

It is truly amazing. Why didn't I have this when I was struggling with first form maths. I cna never remember formulas and this would have made life so easy.

I tried my own name 'Janette' only to find it seems to be consigned to oblivion while the unloved name of Chloe in 1976 is now in the top ten in USA! My daughter who I shall seldom mention here again, has never forgiven me.

I suppose there is a use for knowing that Mt Everest is exactly three times as high as the Golden Gate Bridge is long. Obviously you have to work out what works for you.

I have already added it to my toolbar.

So what will you find here? To my friends it will be a sort of personal diary so you can keep up with what I do. I have lots of passions and I flit between them. At the moment it is Garageband and singing.

I never liked my voice when I was young but thanks to Garagband where I have control over every aspect of my performance I am beginning to quite like it. It is amazing what a bit of electronic 'sweetening' can do.

The TV is so bad at the moment although there are a few good documentaries on Sky that this blog will occupy me during the dull winter evenings.

So for a few days please forgive me while I try all the buttons and templates out. Playing about is the only way.

Culture is learned and shared. I have some very odd passions it seems, opera/ballet/IT/stamps/gardening/ religion ( I am passionate about this!) and many others.

That's enough. Short & snappy is what is required I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment