Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Woman's Place in Society Guide Lines!



I found the above parody  YouTube absolutely hilarious! The trouble is that it is oh so true. I feel sure woman of a mature age will recognize the sentiments expressed only too well. Our lives have been spent fighting this attitude and although gains have been made there is still a long way to go.

At the age of 17 I once experienced a similar situation at the local Young Conservatives, to my shame my mother insisted I went as you met such a  nice class of person!  The local MP a Commander Courtney was taking questions. There were obvious problems in with China in the Tibet region and I simply asked 'What was Great Britain going to do in the event of China invading that country?'

Absolute silence! A fly's footfall would have been distinctly heard. The Commander  looked at me, took a deep breath and said 'I don't think you have to bother your pretty little head about that one. Next question!'

I could have crawled under my seat with embarrassment. Nobody spoke to me again.

Three weeks later China invaded Tibet and is still there. Six months later Commander Courtney MP for Harrow East was caught in a Soviet honey trap and poor man was displayed naked on the front pages of the national tabloids!

Such a nice class of person!

Now for those cuddly kittens!










No comments:

Post a Comment